admin, June 20th, 2010
Shion 3.0α4 is now available.
Please read the following release notes carefully.
This is an early alpha release for Shion 3. This software is still very much under construction and has some very rough edges. In no particular order, some of the current major issues:
1. The RemoteBuddy interface remains unimplemented.
2. The DVR, Bluetooth, GPS, and camera devices have not yet been implemented.
3. The menu items leading to Shion web pages remain incomplete, pending the completion of the new Shion website.
4. Networked controller support (SmartLinc, EZServe) is not present in this release.
5. Sprinkler support is currently missing.
6. Changes in the device configuration from the preferences panel (modem & controllers) require an application restart to take effect.
7. (Shion 2 Users) You will need to reenter your devices, as the migration code is not yet complete.
This release introduces the following improvements:
1. Better support for PowerLinc 2414U & CM15A controllers.
2. Improved Shion Framework for hardware device communication.
3. Temperature trigger support. (e.g. “Execute snapshot “All off” when temperature drops below 70 degrees.”)
4. Improved Shion XMPP dialog support. (Requires Shion Online account.)
Note to testers: A lot of effort has been spent improving the performance of the PowerLinc 2414U controllers. Please post a comment or send feedback if you continue to experience problems with this device.
This alpha release is not intended for production use and is mainly intended to solicit feedback on the direction of the product. This release has been tested with the PowerLinc 2414U, PowerLinc 2412U/S, CM11A, and CM15A controllers.
Please submit any feedback in the comments below.